27th Annual State SSAA & TTBB Choral Festival - Collegiate Choirs
FOR ACDA-MN COLLEGIATE DIRECTORS AND THEIR SSAA & TTBB CHOIRS:
ACDA-MN invites its collegiate directors and their SSAA and TTBB choirs to join in the 27th Annual STATE SSAA & TTBB CHORAL FESTIVAL, to be held on Saturday, October 29, 2016, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
on the campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville. Each year over 750 singers from 10+ college men’s and women’s ensembles and nearly 40 high schools participate in this Festival. College ensembles participating last fall represented the College of Saint Benedict, the College of Saint Scholastica, North Central University, St. Catherine University, St. Cloud State University, Saint John’s University and St. Olaf College.
Deadline for college registrations:
Friday, September 30, 2016
The beautiful Abbey Church on the SJU campus will again be the site of all Festival concerts. Two Intra-Festival Collegiate Concerts will feature performances by participating collegiate ensembles (limited to app. 12 minutes each); the Finale Concert will feature massed SSAA & TTBB choirs comprised of select high school SSAA/TTBB quartets and the combined collegiate singers. As in past years, the Finale Concert will close with all voices joining in a final selection. The Finale Concert will begin at approx. 4:30 p.m. Public admission to the Finale Concert will be $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students. (Participants are admitted at no cost.) Families and friends are encouraged to attend!
The registration fee for collegiate choirs remains $100, payable to ACDA-MN. If the collegiate singers wish to eat
lunch at the SJU college cafeteria, that fee will be collected in advance; student lunches will cost $9.00. As an
alternative, they may wish to bring a sack lunch; there are no convenient locations nearby to purchase lunch. Director’s luncheon tickets are paid for by ACDA-MN. Purchasing music and providing transportation are the responsibility of each school. Repertoire for the massed choirs and combined finale is listed below, order your music ASAP.
Rehearsal Tracks Will Be Online Shortly.
Questions regarding the Festival can be directed to:
Michael Walsh at Buffalo High School
2016 SSAA Chorus Festival Literature:
*Cantate Domino – Schutz, ed. Grundahl (SSA) colla voce 2096690 $1.75
Widmung – Schumann, arr. Mulholland (SSA) colla voce 2096880 $1.75
By the Rivers of Babylon – Susan Brumfield (SSAA) colla voce 2095810 $1.85
2016 TTBB Chorus Festival Literature:
*In Every Corner Sing – Sateren/Rodde Print on Demand Lorenz AM749 $1.95
The Lone Wild Bird – Burchard Hal Leonard 00151576 $1.95
*Fergus an’ Molly – Vijay Singh Alfred archive (OCT9605) $2.25
2016 Combined Choirs Final Selection:
*An American Hymn – Cecil Effinger G. Schirmer 50314230 $1.90
*Indicates selection used in a previous year.
Order all music directly through your music dealer ASAP!
Guidelines for registration/participation:
- Director/teacher must be a member of ACDA-MN for students to participate. Click here to Join ACDA!
- Check for potential schedule conflicts – Sports/Musicals, Parent’s Day Concerts, etc.
- Please register only choirs which regularly meet as SSA(A) or TTB(B) ensembles.
- $100 registration fee needs to be paid online. Registration is not complete until payment has been received. Participating collegiate directors are guests of ACDA-MN at the noon luncheon.
- Give accurate e-mail address. Schedules, information and most communication will be done via e-mail and website.
- Performances in the Intra-Festival Concerts by collegiate choirs are limited to 12 minutes, including entrance to and exit from the risers. A brief warm-up/prep time in the Abbey Church will be scheduled during the day prior to your concert performance.
- Recordings will be made of all three Festival concerts and can be ordered from Westmark Recording. Order blanks will be available the day of the festival, or can be found on the festival website.
- Choral participants traditionally dress in their concert attire for the Intra-Festival and Finale Concerts.