Mizpah United Church of Christ in Hopkins, MN is seeking a part-time Director of Music. This person would integrate music into a thematic Christian worshipful setting. He/she must have a strong choral directing background and music degree. Candidate must also have strong inter-personal and leadership skills.
Please provide resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This employee is to serve on the staff of Mizpah United Church of Christ as Director of Music, providing contracted services based on this description, with contract as agreed upon and as may be negotiated with the Personnel Committee of Mizpah United Church of Christ.
The above person will be supervised by the Senior Minister. All parties agree to an annual performance appraisal.
Service to be provided by the above person shall be as follows:
1. Coordinate music program with the Senior Pastor
2. Regular rehearsal with and direction of the Senior Choir including selection of music for regular and special worship service
3. Planning with other members of the church staff and task forces for regular worship and special programs including the selection of music themes
4. Supervision of the total music program of the church including:
a. Under direction of the Personnel Committee, recruitment of additional music staff such as Children’s Music Director
b. Coordination and planning with the Church Organist
c. Recruitment of persons to serve within the music program of the Church
d. Recruitment and planning with persons providing special music during the summer months
e. Planning with volunteers who may be enlisted to work with special choirs, and various special music programs
f. Supervision of other music staff
5. General administration of the budgeted funds for the music program of the church including recommendations concerning the use of such funds