ACE (Advocate for Choral Excellence) Award
First presented in 2008 by the ACDA-MN Board of Directors, the ACE (Advocate for Choral Excellence) Award was established to recognize the outstanding efforts of individuals who support the choral art in their communities.
- The ACE award is designed to celebrate the efforts of people across Minnesota who have done outstanding work for their communities, serving the choral art.
- The ACE award helps “bring to light” the creative ways people have nurtured the choral art.
- The ACE award increases the awareness of the ACDA-MN membership of the quality work being performed on a regular basis throughout our state.
- The ACE award provides a way for each District to celebrate their members’ work, increasing awareness and building on our statewide history of “grassroots” development.
- An ACE award is chosen by an ACDA-MN District Chair, with nominations from district members.
- ACDA-MN District Chairs may only award a ACE to residents who work in their respective district.
- ACE awards, being at the discretion of the ACDA-MN District Chair, may be awarded for a myriad of reasons, as long as recognition goes for “outstanding work for a program or community, serving the choral art.”
- An ACE award nominee does not have to be a member of ACDA-MN.
- District Chairs must submit ACE recipient names in their reports before the June Board meeting, and may not contact recipients until the Board has met.
- ACEs will be awarded at the concluding banquet of Summer Dialogue, and will be recognized again in the fall issue of Star of the North.
- An ACE recipient is expected to receive the award in person or through a proxy at the Summer Dialogue banquet.
There is no form. Names for consideration may be forwarded by emailing any District Chair.